Writers of Pro Football Prospectus 2008

28 Aug 2012

16 Team League Draft.... PPR league - start 1/2/2/1 and a flex

Was on Autopick the first 9 picks since I had family stuff.

9th pick overall. I went with Ryan Mathews (He was my ninth ranked player - everyone ahead of him was taken) I wasn't thrilled with that - but I figured if I miss him for a few weeks, and can hang tight, i should have a top 5 type guy for the rest of the year.

Then I feel like things started to go my way...
RBs and QBs were FLYING off the board. Autopick took for me, in 2, 3 and 4, my WRs. White, Welker and Bowe. Got Deangelo Williams next. Was OK with that. Not thrilled that it took Gresham for me next - but there weren't many better options.

Then I signed in, got Flacco and Palmer to play QB. Tenn D...

Then got Redman, Wilson, Hillman and Ronnie Brown as my bench. Closed with Tannehil as a flier and Suisham.

Thoughts? In a 16 team, PPR league, I like having 3 of the top 10 WRs and 4 of the top 20 ranked players by Kubiak. I can go matchups between Palmer and Flacco. If I catch a break, I could be decent at that second RB spot either Williams, Redman or one of my rookies. My only real bad spot is D (Tenn) and I guess TE (I was considering Rudolph over one of those RBs on my bench)

Posted by: jabrch on 28 Aug 2012

1 reply , Last at 29 Aug 2012, 12:26pm by J. Winn

I'm not crazy about Bowe. He
by J. Winn (not verified) :: Wed, 08/29/2012 - 12:26pm

I'm not crazy about Bowe. He held out and he has a bad QB, so I don't like the idea of investing an early pick in him. WR should still be a position of strength for you though.

Not crazy about your TE situation either.

As for QB, I would have taken someone other than Tannehill for your 3rd. Locker, Ponder, Russell Wilson, would all be better picks.

RB is your huge worry here. Deangelo does not have high upside, and you know you're not going to have Mathews for all 16 games. Redman has been fighting off injuries himself, and Mendenhall may be back by midseason. I don't think we'll see much of Ronnie Hillman this year. Hopefully David Wilson will explode for you.

Login or register to post comments