17 Mar 2010
The Cardinals have signed quarterback Derek Anderson to a two-year, $7.25 million deal. He'll presumably compete with Matt Leinart for the starting gig.
In the long run, it appears that:
- Anderson heads to Arizona to fight for the starting job
- Charlie Whitehurst heads to Seattle for...
- The fourth-round pick that Philadelphia dealt to Seattle in the Darryl Tapp deal
- Brady Quinn ends up as the backup in Denver
- Rex Grossman backs up in Washington
I think that means that the loser of this round of musical chairs is...Chris Simms!
36 comments, Last at 18 Mar 2010, 4:38pm by commissionerleaf
In an opening week where even the elite teams in college football looked mortal, the SEC had two big surprises in Texas A&M and Georgia defeating their South Carolinian opponents by big scores.