Football Outsiders content published by ESPN
Top 35 quarterbacks charted for 2015 with scouting notes. PDF only $9.99
Click here to buy PDF version
Like our page on Facebook and get Football Outsiders links directly in your Facebook feed.
Official Account: @fboutsiders
Scott Kacsmar: @FO_ScottKacsmar
Ben Muth: @FO_WordofMuth
Aaron Schatz: @FO_ASchatz
Vince Verhei: @FO_VVerhei
-- plus --
Bill Connelly: @SBN_BillC
Cian Fahey: @Cianaf
Brian Fremeau: @bcfremeau
Tom Gower: @ThomasGower
Andrew Healy: @AndHealy
Rivers McCown: @RiversMcCown
Chad Peltier: @CGPeltier
Rob Weintraub: @robwein
Sterling Xie: @SterlingXie
Need help on FanDuel or DraftKings? Purchase a subscription from the website that specializes in daily fantasy.
13 Nov 2008
OK, so Heath Miller's out. That means Matt Spaeth takes his place, and he could be a sleeper in really deep leagues. San Diego can't defend tight ends.
Posted by: Bill Barnwell on 13 Nov 2008
25 comments, Last at
16 Nov 2008, 10:56am by
OKay, tough call: (pick 1 RB to go with Westbrook)
B.Jacobs v. Baltimore (bad matchup), who I basically think is a start every week just because he'll typically grab a short-yardage score... or
D.Williams vs. DET
T.Hightower vs. SEA
MJD vs. TEN (I don't think so - bad matchup)
Grant vs. Chi (bad matchup)
Also, for TE:
J.Carlson vs. AZ or Witten and his bad matchup?
I think Hightower vs Seattle is your best bet.
Witten every week start unless you have Tony Gonzalez or Antonio Gates to go with him
I actually like D Williams v Detroit especially if they get up by a large margin early.
Hurts to sit Jacobs, but you have to play Williams there. He's been almost as good and has a fantastic matchup.
At TE, I'd start Witten and hope for the best.
-Terrel Owens v WAS
-Bernard Berrian v TB
-Santonio Holmes v SD
-Muhsin Muhammed v DET
Owens, Holmes, and Moosh would get my vote.
Ok so.. L. Coles just burned me again.
I have to pick 2 of these wide recievers now and I have to make them count
Antonio Bryant vs. Minnesota
Kevin Curtis vs. Cincy
Marvin Harrison vs. Houston
Kevin Walter vs. Indy
Yuck. Walter, Bryant.
Should I start Brees or Warner?
Big Willy - I'd go Curtis and Bryant
Wow, what a great problem to have! I'd give Warner the slight edge. Mostly, though, if your trade deadline is still open, I'd see if you could flip one for help at other positions.
Dang, Snack Flag. Warner, and make sure you can't sneak Brees into a W/R slot or something.
I need to pick two:
Dwayne Bowe vs. NO
Anthony Gonzalez vs. Hou
Vincent Jackson @ Pit
Braylon Edwards @ Buff
I'm leaning towards Bowe and Gonzalez, mainly because I'm rapidly loosing faith that Edwards will turn it around this season.
Bowe and Gonzalez, as you suggested.
Which two of the following:
Ouch! There's no one else on the waiver wire?
Holmes and Curtis, I guess.
Okay, here are the options:
1. Turkey (smoked) or roast beef?
2. Whole wheat or rye?
3. Dijon or deli mustard?
4. And two of three - tomato, lettuce, onion?
SD has had a pretty bad pass defense I thinkk so based on that I would go with Holmes.
Anthony Gonzalez at Hou
Calvin Johnson at Car
Tim Hightower at Sea
Witten > Spaeth even with a bad matchup, but is Kevin Boss? He's got a bad matchup too ...
I need to pick 1RB 2WR and a WR/RBflex
Do I bench Jones-Drew and go with a receiver in the flex?
Brandon Jacobs or Ladell Betts, assuming Betts plays?
Ok, I've got several dilemmas this week.
1. QB: Big Ben vs. San Diego, or Tyler Thigpen vs. New Orleans? Both seem to be favorable matchups, but the Steelers' O(and Ben) have been very erratic, for various reasons. On the other hand, I can't say that I'm enthused about starting Thigpen, even though he's been looking decent.
2. RB: I need 2 out of LT vs. Pittsburgh, Marion Barber at Washington, Jonathan Stewart vs. Detroit, or LenDale White at Jacksonville. That seems like three mostly bad matchups and one potentially good matchup(Stewart) that could be hurt due to a RBBC(Deangelo Williams). I'm leaning towards Stewart for one spot, simply because the matchup is so good, but I have no idea about the other spot.
3. WR: I start three. One spot already went to Cotchery, so that leaves the remaining two spots. Currently, I've got Lee Evans vs. Cleveland and Roddy White vs. Denver. Both of those seem like good matchups, so I will probably go with them. However... Evans has slowed down a bit in recent weeks. So, I'm wondering, would there be any reason to pick up a guy like Lance Moore(at Kansas City) or Mushin Muhammad(vs. Detroit) and start them instead?
I might mention that I am hanging on to the last playoff spot by a thread, and can't really afford to slip up, and I'm going up against the guy in first place.
2 different PPR League questions...
I might be crazy but I'm thinking the Browns guys may have a big game on Mon. night...Any thoughts?
We don't care if you got burned by (Steve Smith) last week. Heed our words: Do not bench him this week. At any cost.
Do you like giving yourself some real easy calls to pad the stats, or are you just talking down to your audience? Start Steve Smith against the Lions, now that's revolutionary.
To illustrate my point, I looked at Week 11 Steve Smith rankings from some fantasy "experts" around the interweb and this is what I got: 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 6, 1. So, yeah, thanks for blowing the lid off this one (I guess Detroit's terrible pass defense is no big secret). I'm sure thousands of owners set to bench Smith will now reconsider due to your analysis of proprietary statistics.
Need advice on a WR3 in a PPR for this week......
Driver vs. CHI
Mark Bradley vs. NO
Camarillo vs. OAK
FO's Tom Gower checks in from Chicago with a first-person account of what it's like to cover the NFL draft on the scene.
See All XP | NFL XP | College XP
© Football Outsiders, Inc. // Site powered by Stein-Wein // Partner of USA TODAY Sports Digital Properties