News and commentary from around the web
- The Interesting Case of Adjusted Games Lost
- Exciting Announcements from our Editor-in-Chief, Aaron Schatz
- Mike Tanier Joins Football Outsiders
- Falcons Trade Julio Jones to Titans
- 2021 NFL Schedule Discussion
- Broncos T Ja'Wuan James Tears Achilles, Out For Season
- NFL Draft Round 1 Twitch Stream Recap
- Basics of Facemask Design
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers defeated Green Bay in the playoffs thanks in part to a late third-down conversion on a passing play. It worked in that instance, but was it a wise call, or would they have been wiser to run the ball and kill clock? Guest columnist Cole Jacobson looks at end-game scenarios to determine when teams should hand the ball off and when they should air it out.
The Crimson Tide signal-caller won the Davey O'Brien and Johnny Unitas awards in 2020, leading the nation in completion percentage, passing yards, and efficiency rating as he guided his team to a national championship ... and if the 49ers take him ahead of Justin Fields or Trey Lance with the No. 3 draft pick, they have lost their minds. Derrik Klassen explains.
In an NFL season like no other, continuity along the offensive line practically vanished. The Philadelphia Eagles tied a record for futility, while Sean McVay and the Rams showed they could stay afloat no matter how turbulent the storm.