The Bears have benched Jay Cutler for Jimmy Clausen for this week's game against Detroit. Just a colossal epic fail, and unfortunately not an epic Fales. Based on DVOA, Jay Cutler has been an average quarterback this year. He has very high highs and very low lows, but he's never been a bad quarterback. I assume this basically closes the door on his career in Chicago. What does starting Jimmy Clausen prove? Jimmy Clausen is terrible, and Jimmy Clausen is not a promising young player in any way? The only thing that might make sense here would be for the Bears to try out sixth-round rookie David Fales. At least he might have a future with the team. WTF?
- Injury Aftermath: Week 10
- How to Solve Rising Penalty Rates: Increase the Yardage
- Rutgers Invented Basically Nothing About College Football
- Cam Newton to IR; What's His Future in Carolina?
- Chargers to London Rumors
- Injury Aftermath: Week 9
- Seahawks Claim Josh Gordon off Waivers
- NCAA to Allow Athletes to Cash in on Their Fame