Tampa Bay is your one team active at the trade deadline, trading safety Mark Barron to St. Louis for fourth- and sixth-round picks, and backup linebacker Jonathan Casillas to the Patriots for... oh, probably not much, but it isn't announced yet. Barron is the big deal here. Really, if I ran an NFL team I would happily trade a fourth and a sixth to get a guy who just two years ago was the No. 7 overall pick in the whole draft... and who has been completely misused by his current head coach. Mark Barron is a strong safety. He belongs in the box. He is not your Cover-2 deep guy. He is not your single high. He is Kam Chancellor. Or rather, the other way around: Kam Chancellor is what Mark Barron was supposed to be. If the Rams are lucky, there's some potential still waiting to be tapped here.
- Injury Aftermath: Week 10
- How to Solve Rising Penalty Rates: Increase the Yardage
- Rutgers Invented Basically Nothing About College Football
- Cam Newton to IR; What's His Future in Carolina?
- Chargers to London Rumors
- Injury Aftermath: Week 9
- Seahawks Claim Josh Gordon off Waivers
- NCAA to Allow Athletes to Cash in on Their Fame