I never quite know at what point we should be posting news of the "sources report" variety. I usually prefer for a trade or retirement or cut to actually be announced. But at this point there have been enough reports that Calvin Johnson is going to retire that I think we can consider this one on the up-and-up. Johnson is still playing at a high level -- he was eighth in DYAR and 16th in DVOA among wide receivers this year -- and the Lions are going to miss him significantly on the field. I'll certainly miss getting to see his great athletic talents. However, this is also going to open up a lot of salary cap room for the Lions. What do readers think they should do to replace Johnson -- and the cap room he took up?
- EdjSports Coach Rankings
- Injury Aftermath: Week 11
- Kaepernick Workout Delayed, Moved
- Garrett, Ogunjobi, Pouncey Suspended
- Injury Aftermath: Week 10
- How to Solve Rising Penalty Rates: Increase the Yardage
- Rutgers Invented Basically Nothing About College Football
- Cam Newton to IR; What's His Future in Carolina?