I never quite know at what point we should be posting news of the "sources report" variety. I usually prefer for a trade or retirement or cut to actually be announced. But at this point there have been enough reports that Calvin Johnson is going to retire that I think we can consider this one on the up-and-up. Johnson is still playing at a high level -- he was eighth in DYAR and 16th in DVOA among wide receivers this year -- and the Lions are going to miss him significantly on the field. I'll certainly miss getting to see his great athletic talents. However, this is also going to open up a lot of salary cap room for the Lions. What do readers think they should do to replace Johnson -- and the cap room he took up?
- Titans Re-Sign Derrick Henry
- SITE NEWS: Football Outsiders Almanac 2020 Now Available!
- It's Pass-Rusher Signing Season: Chris Jones, Myles Garrett
- Jason Peters Returns to Eagles
- Redskins No More
- Big Ten Football Moving to Conference-Only This Fall
- Chiefs Lock Up Mahomes for a Decade
- NFL Cancels Half of Preseason, Supplemental Draft