Here's a chance to work with our partners at Sports Info Solutions, putting together the charting data that will be used in Football Outsiders Almanac, on the Off The Charts Podcast, and by NFL and NCAA teams. The full job listing follows:
Sports Info Solutions (SIS) is looking for highly motivated individuals with a desire to work in the football industry. Video Scouts will have a chance to make an immediate impression on the company. Each Video Scout will be collecting data that is directly used by SIS clients for advance scouting and evaluation purposes. Not only will the Video Scouts become more familiar with the strengths and weaknesses of hundreds of amateur and professional players, but they will also learn about the ins and outs of football scouting, operations, and analytics. Numerous Video Scouts have gone on to succeed in jobs with professional sports teams and with SIS in a full-time capacity.
Strong candidates will possess great attention to detail, possess knowledge about NFL and NCAA football, and be able to work in a collaborative team environment or independently as needed.
Duration: SIS Video Scouts will report to the SIS office to begin training on August 13th, 2018. The position will last for about four and a half months, ending on January 1st, 2019. The typical workweek for Video Scouts is Saturday through Wednesday, with Thursdays and Fridays off.
- Score NFL and amateur football games using specialized computer software
- Review the accuracy and validity of data
- Prepare and analyze statistical data for delivery to customers
- Assist with additional projects as instructed by full-time staff
- Provide administrative support to the full-time staff
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFL and NCAA rules
- Ability to identify and differentiate between players
- Computer proficiency and the ability to quickly learn new software
- High attention to detail
- High school or college football playing experience is preferred but not necessary
- Football coaching and/or scouting experience is a plus
- Must be able to work night shifts (third-shift), afternoon shifts and weekend shifts
- Must be able to work out of our Lehigh Valley, PA office
- Enrolled in or graduated from an accredited college or university
Compensation: A base hourly rate of $8.75 and/or college course credit will be offered to each Video Scout.