Our friends at TruMedia have asked us to post this job listing. Good way to take your first steps into the sports analytics business!
Position: Part-time Graphic / Data Visualization Designer
Location: Boston, MA (remote possible)
Description: TruMedia is looking for an experienced designer to help our team develop best-in-class graphics and data visualizations. This is a part-time (8-10 hours per week), hourly, and remote-possible position with flexible work hours. It is fully expected that this will not be the primary job for most applicants.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will be designing and building static and interactive graphics for use across our suite of products.
- You will work with cutting edge data across multiple sports, including tracking data.
- Your work will be utilized by our 60+ team clients, as well as our media clients in broadcast, digital and print.
- You will interact with multiple internal groups (business development, engineering, analytics) and directly with clients.
- Strong knowledge of the sports we support: baseball, football and soccer
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Basic understanding of web design (HTML/CSS)
- Basic understanding of video editing with experience in at least one video editing tool (Premiere, Final Cut Pro, etc.)
- Self-motivated with an ability to complete high-quality work with limited directions.
- An online portfolio of previous work in the graphic design space. Previous work using sports data a plus.
To apply, please email TruMedia at email@example.com. You will be asked to submit your resume and online portfolio via a subsequent questionnaire.