While the Bucs' rush got a lot of the headlines after Tampa Bay's win in the Super Bowl, Derrik Klassen shows how linebackers Devin White and Lavonte David deserve just as much credit for what they did in zone coverage against Kansas City's most dangerous receivers.
News and commentary from around the web
- The Interesting Case of Adjusted Games Lost
- Exciting Announcements from our Editor-in-Chief, Aaron Schatz
- Mike Tanier Joins Football Outsiders
- Falcons Trade Julio Jones to Titans
- 2021 NFL Schedule Discussion
- Broncos T Ja'Wuan James Tears Achilles, Out For Season
- NFL Draft Round 1 Twitch Stream Recap
- Basics of Facemask Design
Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady is, of course, good, but his coaches have made his life much easier by using motion to expose defense's coverage schemes, and with play-action schemes that make for simple throws like his touchdown to Cameron Brate.
Though Kansas City defeated Buffalo in Week 6, they showed that their heavy usage of man coverage schemes left them vulnerable to Josh Allen scrambles. Derrik Klassen shows how the Chiefs defense has adjusted since then -- and why the Bills offense may still have the advantage.
Seattle's 20-9 division-clinching win over the Rams was the latest in a string of excellent performances for the Seahawks defense. Derrik Klassen shows how linebacker K.J. Wright was used so effectively against L.A. ... and why that scheme may not be so effective against other offenses.