Football Outsiders Almanac 2015 (PDF)
"A book that any self-respecting NFL fan needs to purchase." -- Bill Simmons, TheRinger.com
This is the PDF download version of the best annual guide to the NFL, Football Outsiders Almanac 2015. Plus, FOA 2015 has you covered for the upcoming college football campaign as well.
(Please note that the product being sold here is an electronic PDF file. If you would like to buy a printed copy of the book for $24.95, you can purchase it from Createspace here. For the package deals which Football Outsiders Almanac 2015 along with KUBIAK fantasy football projections and/or FO Premium, go back to the store front page.)
"Football Outsiders has now built a system that has some serious traction behind it. I personally find it fascinating." -- John Schneider, General Manager, Seattle Seahawks
For the over 14 million people who play fantasy football every year; for the hardcore fan who wants information beyond sports page recaps; for everyone who bets on the NFL; and for the smart, casual enthusiast looking for entertainment and insight comes the essential preseason annual. With numerous statistical measures that go far beyond standard NFL stats, Football Outsiders Almanac gives NFL fans the kind of sabermetric-style statistical analysis that revolutionized the fan's understanding of baseball. It's also written with a knowing dry wit that gets under the skin of America's most popular spectator sport.
The New York Times Magazine compared Aaron Schatz to Bill James, the legendary guru of baseball statistics. Schatz and his team at FootballOutsiders.com are revolutionizing our understanding of professional football with their own collection of advanced and revelatory statistics as well as the results of the Football Outsiders Game Charting Project, which has broken down the last ten seasons of NFL games far beyond what is available in the official play-by-play.
Football Outsiders Almanac 2015 also includes college football coverage featuring the innovative stats of Bill Connelly and Brian Fremeau. FOA breaks down the top 50 college football teams for 2015 with stats from last season and odds of winning each game this season. Like FO's NFL coverage, this college football analysis goes past just ranking the FBS teams 1-128 to break down the strengths and weaknesses of each program.
"It's important for you, the working football fan, to know more about football than other football fans. The Football Outsiders Almanac will give you all the background knowledge you need to make your football-watching companions feel uninformed and inadequate." -- Drew Magary, Deadspin.com
Football Outsiders Almanac 2015 features writing from longtime Football Outsiders favorites including Aaron Schatz, Mike Tanier, Rivers McCown, Scott Kacsmar, and Vincent Verhei. You'll also find content from Cian Fahey, Tom Gower, Andrew Healy, Chad Peltier, Christopher Price, Robert Weintraub, and Sterling Xie.
Inside Football Outsiders Almanac 2015
- Groundbreaking team and player DVOA ratings that correct for situation and opponent to reveal which offenses and defenses are truly superior, and which players really help win games.
- Exclusive data from both ESPN Stats & Information and the Football Outsiders Game Charting Project, unavailable in standard NFL stats, tells you which receivers run the longest patterns on both complete and incomplete passes; which quarterbacks benefit the most from yards after catch; which teams most often blitz or run specific offensive formations; and which defensive backs stop the other team's passing game, measured by pass coverage on every single play rather than just tackles.
- Detailed information on each team's performance in 2014 by offensive and defensive personnel package.
- Detailed individual stats for offensive linemen and defensive players.
- Extensive coverage of all 32 teams with week-by-week stats from the 2015 season, five-year performance trends, and analysis of off-season personnel changes.
- Exclusive 2015 predictions that give the odds on each team as a Super Bowl contender ... or a contender for the top pick in the 2016 draft.
- 2015 fantasy football projections for more than 500 skill position players based on the KUBIAK forecasting system.
- Breakdowns on the top 50 college football teams and full win-loss projections for all 128 Division I-A (FBS) teams.
"We find Football Outsiders' work to be very insightful; it is always helpful to look at our game from different angles." -- Stephen Jones, COO and Director of Player Personnel, Dallas Cowboys
If you've never bought Football Outsiders Almanac and want to know what it's all about, check out these free samples:
After you purchase the PDF version of Football Outsiders Almanac, click the "My FO Downloads" button to get your file. In the future, should we fix any errors, you can re-download the file free of charge.
If you wish to discuss Football Outsiders Almanac 2015, please visit the Football Outsiders Almanac discussion forum.
After you've purchased Football Outsiders Almanac 2015, if you want to skip around from chapter to chapter, make sure to click the "Bookmarks" menu in Adobe. You can click to the start of each chapter instead of having to page through the whole book.
Please be aware that if you have less than $15.00 in your PayPal account, your ability to download the PDF file may be delayed while PayPal waits for the transfer from your checking account to clear.
WORTH NOTING: If you pay by PayPal eCheck (as opposed to credit card or by direct transfer from PayPal funds), you may not be able to access FOA 2015 for a few days. This is because PayPal takes a few days to verify funds (just like sending a real check), and is completely out of our control. Please take this fact into account before purchasing any products. PRETTY PLEASE. We have problems with this every year from people who don't understand how their PayPal account is drawing funds.