Word of Muth
News and commentary from around the web
- The Interesting Case of Adjusted Games Lost
- Exciting Announcements from our Editor-in-Chief, Aaron Schatz
- Mike Tanier Joins Football Outsiders
- Falcons Trade Julio Jones to Titans
- 2021 NFL Schedule Discussion
- Broncos T Ja'Wuan James Tears Achilles, Out For Season
- NFL Draft Round 1 Twitch Stream Recap
- Basics of Facemask Design
The obvious star of the Buffalo offense is Josh Allen, and the Bills will go as far in the playoffs as their young quarterback can take them. But his offensive line showed against Miami that they can give their passer every opportunity to shine.
Buffalo's offensive line showed excellent cohesion in keeping Josh Allen upright against Pittsburgh's elaborate blitz schemes on Sunday night. Unfortunately, that was almost wasted by the performance of one lineman who kept losing one-on-one matchups.
With their defense and special teams putting on a dominant show, the New England Patriots didn't need much help from their offensive line in a 45-0 blowout of the Chargers. Ben Muth breaks down the creative, effective, and not-quite-legal tactics the Patriots used on their opening touchdown drive.
A last-second victory over a winless Jets team on Monday night may not have been enough to save New England's season, but Ben Muth liked what he saw from the Patriots offensive line -- especially Michael Onwenu, who should be a candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year.